Thursday, March 11, 2010

S.O.S.

I need help.

This semester is killing me.  I have so much work, I have to go to my job, all of my classes are demanding to begin with and then I have five of them.  I have no time for the things I love - yoga, bellydance, my boyfriend.  I'm always exhausted, always worried about due dates and deadlines, always stressing about bills and money.  I can't relax.  I don't sleep well as it is, and this stress is making my problems worse.  I don't know how to do this and be a healthy person at the same time.  I feel that deadline of Christmas Eve, the date by which I should have lost fifty pounds, looming over my head and it feels more ominous every time I weigh in and find I've gained weight instead of lost it.  I can't get a handle on my eating.  I keep making horrible food choices because I find myself not caring.  I eat when I'm not hungry.  I say out loud "I'm hungry, I'm gonna go grab a donut" at work to make my coworkers think I'm hungry and not just a fatass (as if I'm fooling anybody...look at me).  I feel myself failing, like I have every other time I've tried to lose weight.  I feel like a failure, and I know I'm only failing myself in the long run but that thought is never in my mind when the donut/cookie/slice of pizza is in my mouth.  I don't know what to do.  I don't know what needs to give to make this all work.  I'm afraid all the people around me see is me doing what I always do - failing at losing weight, never finishing anything I start, rationalizing every mistake away.  I feel like I'm in over my head, but at the same time feel like I should be able to handle this . Like I should be able to do everything all at once. 

I know I'm hyper-independent, and to a fault.  But now I need your advice.  How do you make yourself stick to your plan?  It seems like I just can't control myself at all.  I don't know what to do.

S.O.S.

1 comment:

  1. don't be so down on yourself. You're doing fine. Lot's and lot's of people would have crashed by now and you're still behind the wheel. It will get better. Remember "this too will pass" and the infamous "it will either work out or it won't." You can do all things when you set your mind to it. I know you very well. Proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete