Monday, March 15, 2010

Not-So-Manic Monday

Holaaaaa.

I kind of love Mondays.  Even when I'm in school, I love Mondays.  It's one of the few days I don't have to work and I don't have class til 9:30am.  I get good sleep, get to shower and dress like a normal person with pretty hair, and only have three classes.  Life is good on Mondays.

Today was no exception.  Although there's construction on a house across the street that wakes me up around 8 on the weekdays, I just rolled over and went back to sleep until about 11.  Felt great.  I'm loving all this sleep lately.  I got up, had two slice of Amish Friendship Bread my roommate's friend made for him, a small glass of soymilk, and then I did some dishes.  I went to the gym, took a shower, ate half a pita with some edamame hummus on it, and then went out shopping.  Mostly for groceries so I can make some of Gina's delicious recipes.  This week, I plan on making the Baked Zucchini Sticks, her mouthwatering Deviled Eggs, her Baked Chicken Parmesan which looks tasty and is way better for you than the original, the Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps which I may or may not switch into a taco salad with some leftover tortilla chips, her Creamy Cauliflower Puree which are supposed to be like fake mashed potatoes, and finally her Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Let it be known that deviled eggs and mashed potatoes are two of my MOST FAVORITE foods in the world.  I'm serious.  Every family member knows that deviled egg platter at Thanksgiving and Christmas is not safe if it's within five feet of me.  My grandma usually has to tell me how many I'm allowed to have so that everybody else can get one, and even then I usually swindle people out of theirs by promising back massages and the like.  Mashed potatoes are my favorite comfort food.  When I'm having a bad week or had a bad day or just need my mood lifted, I make myself mashed potatoes.  Whenever my grandma noticed I was down about something and asked if she could make me feel better, I would ask her to make mashed potatoes.  Obviously there's a bad emotional connection here that I should work on, but everybody needs their comfort foods...right? 

So these two recipes have a lot to live up to in my eyes, and the others are just ways to incorporate different veggies/lighter versions of favorite into my diet.  I will surely be taking pictures (although they won't be nearly as pretty as Gina's pictures) and I'm excited to actually be cooking stuff for once!

I think that's all for today.  I haven't eaten that well, between a candy bar and a small block of cheese, but I'm feeling okay about it.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Much love to all of you!  <3

1 comment:

  1. Omg, those baked zucchini sticks look so yummy. I am definately going to make those.

    ReplyDelete