Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ahh...

Hey friends!

So, my last post was a bit of a panic.  I was tired, overwhelmed with homework, reflecting on my eating and kind of hating on myself.  I do feel like I've been failing at this lately, but I just booked my flight to Mexico this summer and am determined all over again to lose weight so I can look good on the beach!  Yay!

Today is the beginning of Spring Break, and it has been a welcome sigh of relief.  While most people probably spend their Spring Breaks laying around watching TV (not that there's anything at all wrong with that), I'm using mine to get a jump ahead, both on my homework and my fitness plan.  I really don't want the last three weeks to repeat themselves homework-wise, and I really don't want to gain any more weight.  I want to lose weight!  And I'm going to.  There is no "try".  : )

So here's my plan for the next week.  I'm going to do homework/clean during the day (if you could see my room right now...hooooo boy) and workout during the evening.  Today is the last day of this week, and I still have 650 calories for this week left to burn in the gym, so I'm going to go do that at 6 pm (it's 3 pm right now).  I'm going to go to the gym every day.  I've been getting lazy about the strength training lately, so I'm definitely going to make sure I get back on that two days a week.  My next bellydance recital is coming up May 1st, so I'm going to be spending a few nights running through the choreographies over, and over, and over again, haha. 

As far as my diet goes, I'm getting back on track.  My house is FULL of fruit.  To challenge myself this week, I won't be eating anything I didn't make myself.  Yes, that's right... I will not eat anything I didn't make myself.  That means no eating out, no ordering pizza, and no gulping down pounds and pounds of sugary coffee drinks while I study.  Tea only.  I'm also going to try out a little meal planning.  I've been seeing this pop up all over our little blogosphere and I'm curious to see how it will work out for me.

You guys are gonna see a lot of me this week, because I'm going to take pictures of everything I make and eat, and hopefully lots of pictures of my sweaty, workouty face!

This week is exactly what I needed to catch up and get ahead.  Miss Erika is back.  I hope you guys aren't sick of me whining about how I can't do it, because I can and I will.  This week will be proof.  Keep following and commenting, please!  And if I need my ass kicked a little, please do that too.  : )

Hasta luego, lovers!

EDIT:

So, to begin my week of me-created meals, I started with dinner tonight - lemon pepper salmon and peas and carrots.  Simple, but incredibly delicious.


Yeah, it's a crappy phone picture, but look!  I cooked salmon!  I'm so proud.  I used salmon filets I found at Aldi.  They come individually frozen, four filets per bag.  I was expecting them to be lower quality, really fishy tasting, etc., but it was actually incredibly tasty.  I massaged it with some lemon pepper seasoning my roomate picked up at CVS, of all places.  It was incredibly delicious.

More tasty meals to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment