Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Quickie

Just a quick post tonight, cause I'm exhausted and have to be at work in six hours, which means five hours of sleep for me tonight.  Again.  x.x 

Today, I ate around 1500 calories.  I would have stayed at 1300 if I hadn't had to stay up and write a paper, causing me to get hungry at a time when I'm normally asleep.  I snacked on a couple/few string cheeses.  I love cheese.

I was working on my paper because I spent part of my afternoon in the gym.  After I come home from class, I generally chill for about an hour to just relax and unwind after the hectic-ness my day can be.  At five, I called my friend Courtney and asked if she wanted to go to the gym with me. I called my mom while I waited for her to get here and pick me up, and we got to the gym about 5:40, walked around the track briskly until a couple of ellipticals opened up at 6:00, and then we each worked out for half an hour.  In 26 minutes, I TORCHED 300 calories.  Like, torched.  I'm talkin, like, I kicked ass and didn't even bother about the names.  I've been going hardcore the past few workouts and I love it.  I always want to stop and slow down but the exhilaration at the end is so worth it.   I also ate near-flawlessly today.  Cottage cheese/banana for breakfast, salad/fruit cup/soy milk for lunch, banana for snack before the gym, Random Salad (will explain tomorrow) for dinner, and three string cheeses as snacks.  I love me some dairy! 

While this week is not as hectic as the past two have been, I still have a lot of things going on I didn't forsee, so forgive me if you don't hear from me much this week.  I'm still reading your blogs, I promise!  And a big HEY to my new followers!  <3 you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Erika- finally got a chance to update myself with your blog. I was sorry to hear that you were sick. Hope things are better in that area for you!! I just want you to know that just stay focus on your goal(s). It sometimes can be a uphill battle for a lack of a better term but- as with everything else u do -- you will succeed!! Congrats on getting to go to Mexico. Take care of yourself and do get some sleep, and eat!! I know this semester has been so damn hetic for you -- but u are right it is almost over and you have the summer to look forward to!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete