Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Derailed. Again. / Wednesday Weigh-In # 5

Mornin', friends.

I have, indeed, been derailed from my efforts yet again.  By what, you ask?

My boyfriend's cold.  Ugh.  x.x

I really feel like crap.  My throat hurts, I feel completely exhausted, I've had a headache that won't go away, a developing cough, and all I can think about is sleep, sleep, and more sleep.  I have two midterms today and an oral Spanish exam tomorrow, and I can't even bring myself to study for any decent length of time.  I just wanna stay in bed with some soup and forget the rest of the world exists.  Thank god a coworker took my shift today, otherwise I'd be totally screwed.

Random site note:  My cat keeps finding hard stuff to chew on.  I think he thinks he's a dog...


Anyway.  I want back in the gym so badly, but I'm so tired and feel so...weak.  I went to bellydance last night since I had to skip it all last week and my body was just so happy to have the activity.  I'm hoping I feel well enough tomorrow or Friday to go have a good workout.  I also really need to get groceries, but I lost my debit card last week and haven't gotten my new one, and the grocery store I like to go to only takes cash or debit, and my bank doesn't have a branch down here in Btown.  I guess I just have to sit tight until I feel better and can buy bananas.


What do you guys do when you're feeling sick but want exercise?  Do you do anything at all?

Oh yeah, my weigh in!  Not as bad as I was expecting - it read at 204.  That means I have threeish weeks to lose six pounds so I can reach my ten pounds lost goal and get my massage!  I feel pretty confident that I can do that - with Spring Break right around the corner, I have a whole free week to focus on my health and get back on track and once I get over this cold I'm going to be hitting the gym every day since I won't have much homework after these midterms.  I can't wait for summer when I can work out and don't have to stress about homework and stuff.  I'll be spending three weeks in Mexico, but after that I'll just be working and getting things together for when my boyfriend and I move into our apartment in July.  This has really been such a bad semester - I can't believe it's half over already, but I can't wait for it to end, either.  I really hope next semester isn't so stressful and busy.

Also, last week Katie and Kerri gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award!

 

I'm really happy to have received this and have been thinking carefully about who I wanted to pass it along to.  First, however, as per the rules, I have to list seven fun things about me.
1.  I'm a bellydance student.  I'm hoping that soon I'll be comfortable enough to call myself a real bellydancer.  It really isn't what you see in the movies, and the history of the dance is long and complicated.  It really is an art form, and although I'm mostly a logical, reason-oriented person, I still love and embrace the emotion that goes into the dance.

2.  I eat ridiculous amounts of cheese.  Maybe this one's already obvious from my laments about/triumphs over cheese at work, but really - ask my boyfriend.  It's one of the first things he learned about me, haha.

3.  I write poetry.  Or maybe better said, I have written poetry in the past. I still consider myself a poet, just one long out of practice.

4.  I'm hoping to become a Mayanist (archaeologist of the Maya) and go to grad school for it.  Grad school seems really far away, though, especially because I'm so enjoying my undergrad career here at my new school.  I'm really a huge nerd - I love interesting classes!

5.  I brush my teeth in the shower.  Try it sometime, it's so much easier.

6. As mentioned above, I'm a huge nerd in almost every arena.  Because of this, I have studied many languages.  I'm a Spanish major as well as an Anthropology major, and I've also studied Russian, a little Arabic, and Yucatec Maya.  If I had time to do it, I would also study Italian, Quechua, and anything else that sounded interesting, haha.

7.  I have gone through some pretty rough things in my past, but have been lucky enough to find myself under the care of my wonderful grandparents, and they have given me the opportunity to travel to some really amazing places:  Canada for a wilderness trip, Puerto Rico, England for a semester (and therefore Scotland, Wales, and Amsterdam), Spain, and an upcoming trip to Mexico!  I really do consider myself one of the luckiest people in world for all the good things that have come to me in life.

And I get to pass the award onto seven other bloggers!

1.  Grace at Just Another Stupid Weight Loss Blog
2.  Cassie at Headed to Fabulous n Forty
3.  Nicole at Let Them Eat Lettuce
4.  Whitney at Fat Girl in a Wedding Dress
5.  Victoria at Becoming My Perfect Me
6.  Lys at No Ordinary Princess
7.  "Adorkable" at Journey to a Cute(r) Tush


I really love reading these ladies' blogs and want them all to know that they are beautiful people!  Good luck on your journeys, girls, and know I'm always there to support you.  : )

Well, friends, I've procrastinated enough on these midterms.  Time to get to work.  See ya later! <3

6 comments:

  1. Lol, Im glad I could entertain! Its what I aim for. Well, that and actually losing the weight! Stay in bed(!)-if you over exert yourself while sick, it will prolong your sickness.

    Xo,
    Mary

    Ps. I TOTALLY brush my teeth in the shower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Thanks hun!! How cool is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Miss Erika, I already adore you. Dude, why cant I subscribe to your blog?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you soo much for the kind words!! I love your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well hun. Are you taking vitamins? I know I bought Andrew a bottle a while ago, if he's not taking them, you should. Isn't your anniversary coming up? 4 years? I remember the first time you came over, all shy and quiet like. We have been blessed to have you in our lives. Take care of yourself, drink plenty of fluids, rest when you can, and if you need me to come down and make my "special feel better drink" I will. Really, all it is is Kool-aid or juice in a blender with ice and a straw. Always made Andrew feel better. OH! I brush my teeth in the shower while I'm conditioning my hair. Love you..xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks SO much for the award. I am going to try to get to it this weekend. I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete