Monday, February 1, 2010

River runnin' free...

So my boyfriend linked me this article that I was thought was seriously interesting (and not only because it concerns my healthy eating efforts).  Here's the link for the article: Interesting...

The part that really caught me was this:

"Giving someone a diet drink tells the body that there's an 'energy crisis' because you're giving it something that tastes good but it has no calories.
"Your body realizes that and tries to grab everything available right now. So diet lead to increased impulsivity,".

No wonder I eat so many cookies on the days I have diet Coke.  (Mimi - maybe this affects your diabetes?  Something to think about.  : / )

The title of this post references a song I've been listening to all day - Feelin' Good by Nina Simone.  You should really listen to it.

So today has been good!  I didn't work, so I got up early, took a shower, made myself look cute and feel happy.  For breakfast I had the standard Raisin Bran Crunch with light vanilla Silk (270).  For a lunch/snacky thing, I had a bag full of baby carrots and grapes (about a cup each) as well as a string cheese.  For dinner/snack 2(?) I had a big bowl of leftover salad from Saturday night (maybe 250?) and a banana (90).  Then for dinner2 Andrew and I had some leftovers - chicken with mayo, mustard, and a whole bunch of veggies and pepper mixed up in tortillas with lettuce, and we had some peas too. Then I had a 100-calorie yogurt snack and a 200 calories Strongbow because I thought I deserved it. I'm pretty confident I stayed under 1300 calories, but even if I didn't that's a lot of fruit and veggies.  Yay me!  I also went to the gym again today (250 burned) and went to yoga.  I'm in a really good mood tonight - yoga just kind of brightens me up all over.

Tomorrow, I plan more healthy eating and more exercise.  :D

Buenas noches!

2 comments:

  1. What are you talking about, you always look cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am far from cute on Tuesdays and Thursdays, haha. No time for a shower. o.x

    ReplyDelete