Sunday, February 14, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

Well, it's Sunday, and I haven't posted since Wednesday.  I had kind of a mini-breakdown from stress on Thursday, and tried to spend this weekend relaxing and planning out when I can do some homework, etc, so that I don't get that stressed out again.  Unfortunately, this means dropping my yoga class so I can have a couple of weeknights free for homework.  I can still do yoga whenever I feel like it, and I'm glad I could drop something that wasn't critical.  Also unfortunately, trying to relax this weekend ended up with me making some seriously bad food decisions (Taco Bell, candy, more candy, Denny's...).

I did have a great weekend though.  I got to hang out with my friend Roz on Friday night, who I haven't seen forever.  Andrew and I spent all of Saturday hanging out, which was amazing - we're both so buys we don't get to see each other very much, so it really was a treat to spend a whole day with him.  Saturday night he took me out to this place in Bloomington called Stonecutter's, and it was incredible.  We walked in on a wine/tapas night we didn't know was happening, and ended up with Cajun Deviled Eggs, an imported cheese plate, Beef Carpaccio with green beans and salad, and some seriously delicious cheesecake.  The whole delicious event was only thirty dollars.  The Carpaccio took longer than they expected, so they gave me a free glass of wine.  I guess the place is coffeeshop by day and restaurant by weekend.  It's tiny, cozy, inviting, and fun.  The staff is amazing and they had a flamenco guitar player there.  It was really the best date we've been on in awhile.  Then we went to Hobby Lobby and make mardi gras masks for a party we went to that night, which was also a great time.

Although my weekend was wonderful, I really need to get back on track here.  On Saturday, after spending a couple days getting over my .4 lb gain, I weighed myself at the gym out of curiosity.  I hadn't eaten yet, and I stepped on the scale to see a pretty surprising number - 201.6.  Yeah.  201.6, bitches.  I know I didn't lose four pounds in three days, so I can accept that Wednesday's weight was just a weird kind of fluke, and I'm going to input this 201.6 into my weight loss ticker at the side of this blog.  I decided that weighing myself in the mornings, after I pee and before I eat really is the best time to get an accurate sense of my true weight.  Because of this, I went out and bought my own scale!  Sorry for the crappy phone picture...

 

It's shiny and red!  My favorite color! I'm super excited.  :D  I played around on it today, with my clothes on and off, before and after I ate dinner, to get a sense of what kinds of fluctuations I can expect.  I'm going to try and use this just as a tool to help get a general sense of my progress - hopefully I don't become too obsessed with the numbers I see.  I'll continue to weigh in on Wednesdays, but I'll just weigh myself in the morning and not at night when I'm at the gym.  I really want to give it a name, but I can't decide.  What do you think I should name my first scale? 

I also had my boyfriend take some pictures of me in my workout gear (minus shirt) before I went to the gym on Saturday.  I really don't want to post these.  I want to delete them and never think about them ever again.  I'm only smiling in these because he was making me laugh, but as I look at them now I'm not smiling at all.  I don't want anybody else to see these pictures.  I can't believe I'm doing this.



So I guess that's what I look like at 201.  I was thinking about these pictures while I was at work tonight, and just the thought of them drew my hand away from the donut case.  I'm glad I took these - they're the most powerful motivator I think I could ever have found - but I hate looking at them.  But I know I'm gonna love the pictures at 158.

I'm really going to focus on my goals this week - tracking almost every day, new recipes, etc.  This upcoming weekend is my baby brother's birthday (he's turning 5!  I can't believe it), and cake is one of my biggest loves on this earth.  I'm going to keep these pictures in mind, and try to employ self-control.

By the way, I just want to thank the people who read this blog - family, friends, and fellow bloggers.  Without you guys, I already would have quit.  I hope you stick around all through the year and keep me going.  I love you guys (even those who I barely know).  Thank you so much.  <3

Peace out, kids.

6 comments:

  1. Erika, you are amazing keep it up :P! Keep it up, and eat chicken! (I dunno It just sounds healthy)

    <3 <3
    Kit Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiki!!!! You are doing a fantastic job and I am so proud of you. Just remember that even though it seems really hard now, it will get easier and you will succeed. Your goal is worth the struggle. I love you and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    Ps. I still think you're very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika my love, I am fighting the good fight with you! I am seriously serious about losing weight this semester. The gym and I are getting very serious these days. So get to it, and know that you are in good company!

    Lurrrrrrrrrve,
    Amanda

    P.S. Name your scale after someone you wold want to step on every day. Maybe "Sarah Palin"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Kiki. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey erika thanks for the comment!

    i totally love your blog too!

    i think the progress pics that you posted are awesome! you look great and they will definitely come in handy as you continue to get results! i regret not taking more full-body shots as i dropped weight...

    cheers to us both getting back on track and making this a killer week!

    (also - nice scale :) i think i've seen one like it somewhere before!)

    - adorkable
    www.cutertush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey kiddo-- looks like you finally have a nickname! Kiki! I never would have thought of that one -- but it is cute. Patrick is just adorable. Have to show that picture to Shane tomorrow when we get home. I think the before pictures that you took of yourself are a great idea. It will as you bascially said, give yourself the motivation that you want to keep your goal(s)with your desire to loose the weight. As your mom, I love you just the way your are but I applaude you for your dedication and determination to continue with your goals -- and although you may have some "setbacks" you do not let that stop you from getting back on and keeping at it. This is truly one of the best things that you can do for your life, health, and happiness. Don't stop -- you WILL succeed at what you want just like you have always done with other aspects of your life. I love you and am looking forward to seeing you Saturday. Would you allow yourself one red or blue cupcake in the celebration of Shane's birthday?? I know it is alot of calories and I don't want you to starve for having one. Since red is your favorite color -- thought you may want a red one!!! Sorry, if it sounds like teasing you!!! :) I am so proud of you -- and just remember this... it is okay to have some setbacks with having the stresses that you do -- but do give yourself a huge pat on the back for you don't let it get to you for long and you jump back.

    ReplyDelete