Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Making Up For It

So.  Keeping my goals for this week in mind, I COMPLETELY failed at eating.  However, I did succeed at tracking my failure, and this is what I ended up with.

Breakfast: High fiber oatmeal w/skim milk for 200, and mandarin oranges for 100 (300 total)
Snack: Banana and vanilla Silk - 90+130 = 220
Lunch: Hummus sammich w/cheese - about 350
I also ate about four servings of cheese at work, honestly without even realizing it.  Sigh.  So 240 there.
I then had a massive cookie just because it looked good, so another 250 there.
I was pretty full by then and didn't eat again til just now, and had a serving of grapes and snack-size cottage cheese for about 200.
I had a diet coke and a coke zero, but those don't count.  Also had a handful of chips - maybe 150?

Total: 1710.  Pretty bad.

However, I did take a few steps in the right direction today by tracking everything that went in my mouth.  At one point, after I realized how much cheese I had actually eaten, I thought about not tracking for the rest of the day and then realized it's those kinds of decisions that sabotage my efforts to lose weight.  So here, today, I took a step forward in accountability, and even though I didn't stick to my diet I still count this as a part-win.  Also, once I realized that I had eaten more than what I should have, I decided to double-duty at the gym.  I also thought about not going - a huge thanks to my boyfriend for telling me I should go and not accepting my excuses to get out of it.  I burned 500 calories at the gym.  So, subtract the 250 I burned to help offset what I ate, and that leaves me at 1460, which is a little more acceptable.  Kudos to me for burning those calories off!  I also got in the usual amount of burned calories today, and then I went to dance class.  So although I ate bad, I made up for it, and tomorrow is a new day.  I went grocery shopping today and picked up all my basics (bananas, grapes, soymilk, cereal, etc.) so I am good to go.

I am very proud of myself.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment