Monday, February 8, 2010

Goooooooal!

Okay.  So.  I haven't met a goal yet, but I felt like laying some out would be good for me.  So, first off, short term/weekly goals.

- Lose ten pounds (Mini Weight Loss Goal 1)
Reward: Full body massage!  I've decided that after ten pounds, as a reward to myself, I'm going to have a full body massage.  I was trying to think of rewards that didn't involve food, alcohol, or detrimental affects to other areas of my life (ie, skipping a night of homework).  Considering I love massages and they are totally worth the money, I think this is a great idea.  I've decided that future ten-pound losses will warrant rewards like a new hip wrap for bellydancing or a new purse (since mine are falling apart). 

- Try one new healthy recipe per week. 
Reward: Better nutrition and improved cooking skills!  Andrew and I are moving in together this summer, and we've already decided that he'll clean the dishes if I do the cooking, which sounds great to me because doing dishes is my least favorite chore and I like learning how to do new things.  I'm pretty excited for this - I wanna learn how to make different kinds of food, like good Mexican and Thai food. 

- Hit the gym five days a week.
Reward: Fitness!  Woot.  I did go five days (or what evened out to five days) last week, and it felt great.  Since I really only have time for thirty minutes of cardio on the weekdays, I need to go more times per week so it can even out.  Also it just feels nice to be active most days. 

- Do strength training circuit two days a week.
Reward: Strength!  Woot.  I did the circuit on Sunday, and it felt really good.  I focused mostly on muscles that could use strengthening for bellydance - legs, hips, and arms and such.  So I think I'ma keep this up, and try and do it twice a week.  Unfortunately, the gym is packed during the week, and doing the circuit can be a pain trying to get through all the people, so this might get revised.

- Track calories five out of seven days.
Reward: Accountability!  So I more or less fail at this right now, and probably end up eating way more per day than I should.  So this is really just something I have to do - no choice, haha.

I think these five goals are going to put me on the right track, and I'll try and post my progress with them weekly/whenever I lose ten pounds.  Also, on Wednesday, I'm going to post some before pics to compare with me later on and help me succeed!  Yay!

So, today, I ate really well!  Here's what I had.

Breakfast - same ole raisin bran crunch with skim milk for 270
Lunch - AWESOME salad (5-lettuce mix, carrots, peas, mandarin oranges, red onions, almonds, broccoli, and Asian sesame dressing).  Check out the picture below!  I also had a string cheese, all for probably about 400.
Snack - 1/2 pita with hummus and lettuce for 200
Dinner  - A whole bunch of boiled veggies with a little butter, chili flakes, salt, pepper, and a little of my favorite Italian dressing for probably 400.  I also some Pineapple Orange Banana juice (delicious) for about fifty or so. 

Total: 1400.  Good!

Here's my awesome salad:


Goodnight, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. So when we come visit you and Andrew, I will witness you cooking and him doing dishes? That will be a treat, and I'm not being sarcastic. I am a proud momma. I think the full body massage is a great idea. I too love them. I go to Serendipity Province once in a blue moon. And if you get any good recipes, pass them on. Your salad looks like something I made for dinner last week. I used a spring mix, mandarin oranges, almonds, boneless chicken cut up, and a raspberry vinegarette. It was YUMMMMY! Love ya...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I'll plan a feast for you guys, haha. : ) And I'll be sure to pass along some good recipes if I can find them. Also, that salad sounds like one I had at Cappo's in Portage once - if you put grilled salmon on it instead of the chicken, it's phenomenal with the raspberry vinaigrette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika- as I have said before I totally am proud of your goals that you setting for yourself. I can't wait to be able to visit you when you and Andrew get into your new place. I want to see you cooking and maybe even try some of your dishes!! I am always for new trying new things!!! The arrangement that you guys have about you cooking and Andrew doing dishes sounds like what it is in my house. Ken cooks all the time and I do dishes. I prefer that way since you know the family joke: If it doesn't come from a box then I don't know how to cook, I confess that that is all so true!! Remember, all the hamburger helper and hot dogs, mac and cheese, etc you and rachel ate when growing up? HAHA Keep up the good work. You know what they say with determination and a mind set for a goal reached it is totally possible. I am proud that you have taken steps to live and eat a healthier life. Keep up the good work!! Looking forward to hearing more about your progress!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete