Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Uh...can you come back here for a minute?

Yeah, I'm talkin to you, Weekend.  Why did you leave me so quickly?  We had just gotten to be good friends!

Anyway, I am a bit sleep deprived, and sleep deprivation tends me to make me personify any- and absolutely everything.  I am facing another long night of homework this evening, but wanted to come and post here before I got started.  How is it already Wednesday?  I swear I last posted yesterday.  This week is flying by, and so is this semester.  I'm only, what...three weeks to the end?  And in that time I have a 4 page paper, a 10 page paper, two presentations, and countless semester-end quizzes and crap to deal with.  In three weeks.  You should all hope and pray I don't kill somebody in these coming weeks.

So my last post was a pretty happy one, what with that second moment and all, and I am happy to say that moment has not faded!  I have eaten very poorly the past few days, an exact replica of my old diet, but I've been very aware of what I've been doing to myself both psychologically and physically.  Today, I have been focusing on choices, specifically healthy ones.  Before anything has gone in my mouth, I have stopped and thought "Is this a healthy choice?"  Not even, "Will this help me lose weight?", because although I talk about it a lot and it is the basis of this blog, my health remains my biggest focus.  So, "Is this a healthy choice?"  If no, I put it back or pulled my hand away.  If so, I ate it.  So far today I have made one unhealthy choice - I ate a cupcake at work, because it was the rare combination of white icing with vanilla cake (usually they make the vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing, and I would rather have the white).  So I had one because it was kind of special.  I only ate 2/3 of it - a friend ate the rest.  But it was a choice I made, and I am choosing to not eat anything else unhealthy for the rest of the evening.  Here's a quick breakdown of what I've eaten today:

Breakfast: vanilla yogurt with vanilla almond granola
Snack: A small piece of whole wheat bread (about 1/2 a piece of regular bread) with a bit of hummus and lettuce, string cheese
Lunch: A tasty salad with a dark-leaf mix, smoked turkey, 1/2 slice of swiss cheese, almonds, green peppers, onions, and Asian sesame dressing.  And the cupcake.

And although I am going to Starbucks tonight, I'm gonna try to stick to green tea and no brownies.  Things are looking up!  I got a mini-solo in a choreography that my bellydance group is performing in less than a month (yikes!), so I'm excited!  April is gonna be a rollercoaster, fo sho.

Hasta luego, amigos!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the next three weeks! It sounds like a you have a lot going on! Hopefully things go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I cook for you? OF COURSE! Come on over! :) I do love dinner guests! Thanks for the comment & your support! :) All my best to you on your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a crazy load of schoolwork! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete