Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Schedule of Insanity

So, I keep mentioning I have a ridiculous schedule.  I thought I'd lay it all out for you guys so you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Sunday:
Work from 5:00-9:00pm

Monday:
GIS class 9:30-10:45
Spanish Conversation class 1:25-2:15
Archaeology of Ancient Mexico 2:30-3:45
Gymtime
Yoga 6:10-7:00

Tuesday:
Work 7:00am-11:00
Spanish Lit 11:15-12:30
I usually go in from 12:35-1:15 to help with the lunch rush
Spanish Conversation 1:25-2:15
Work 2:30-3:30
Bellydance 6:35-7:35

Wednesday:
GIS Class 9:30-10:45
Work 11:00-1:00
Spanish Conversation 1:25-2:15
Archaeology of Ancient Mexico 2:30-3:45
Gymtime
Yoga 6:10-7:00

Thursday (a.k.a. Hell Day):
Work 7:00am-11:00
Spanish Lit 11:15-12:30
Lunch Rush work 12:35-1:15
Spanish Conversation 1:25-2:15
Archaeology of Violence & Conflict 2:30-4:45
Bellydance 6:35-7:35
Work 9:00pm-1:30am

Friday:
Spanish Conversation 1:25-2:15
Gymtime


So.  Yeah.  Now you can understand why I have a difficult time getting to the gym during the week.  Thursdays are seriously the worst - I'm a huge grump all day and end up eating like crap because I'm in a crappy mood.  The trade off is glorious, sleep-in day Fridays.  Ahh, Fridays.

Tonight, I didn't go to the gym because I had bellydance.  Before dance class, however, I went out and bought myself new running shoes!  I've been jogging in my every-day Pumas, and it's been killing my ankles/shins/knees, so I invested $80 in some Nikes, and I can't wait to work out in them tomorrow.  They're so comfortable I still haven't taken them off and I've been home from class for an hour and a half.  It's seriously like walking on clouds. 

Today's eating has been meh.  I had an apple, Raisin Bran crunch, and skim milk for breakfast (~500, it was a huge cereal cup), so that was good.  But I then proceeded to eat about half the cheese we had in stock.  I just can't help it.  I stand there, behind the deli line, hungry and bored, and the glorious, golden cheddar just sings my name.  Of course, the swiss is good, too.  So not only did I eat all the cheese a cow could produce, I also had a veggie-hummus wrap and another sugar cookie.  : (  Please understand, I do not normally eat sugar cookies, but grouchy old Aunt Flo has come for a visit to sabotage my healthy efforts.  What a bitch.  I got home and ate some peanuts and some hummus on a slice of bread.  Oh, I also had a diet coke.  Trying to steer away from pop, but that's hard too considering I used to have three diet cokes/coke zeroes a day. 

So, here's the not-yet-skinny (haha...it's a joke...get it?) so far:
- I really need to keep track of what I eat.
- My exercise level is good.
- My sleep level (very important for general health) is good-great.
- My general happiness level is good-great. 
- I have lost half a pound.  But my weigh-ins are on Wednesday now!


So yeah, that's it for tonight I think.  Just a funny sidenote - my bellydance instructor is also, serendipitously, my yoga instructor.  She ends up seeing me more times per week than my boyfriend, poor man. 

Also, please comment if you feel like it!  I really enjoy opening the blog to find comments waiting for me - they keep me optimistic and encouraged.  : )

Have a good night, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment