Friday, January 8, 2010

Revision?

I was playing around with some BMR calculators today, and discovered that the one I first used to figure out how many calories a day I needed to maintain my current weight was very wrong.  I've played around with about six other ones, and they all come back saying 1776 calories.  So, a minor revision to my gameplan is in order:  to lose a pound a week, I have to reduce that number by 500 a day down to around 1300.  That number sounds more familiar to me from my previous attempts at losing weight.  I'm going to try and eat around 1300 calories a day, since I can't exercise every day like I would like to due to my frighteningly busy school schedule (if only I didn't have to sleep at night, sigh).  Otherwise I would cut calories by 250 and exercise off the other 250.  But I think this new gameplan will work pretty well for me.

My grandparents are taking me to Red Lobster today for my birthday!  And although I love salmon and it's very healthy, I love those cheddar biscuits like a fat kid loves cake and video games.  I'm going to try to limit myself to two biscuits, but in the face of cheesy warm goodness, my resolve just might fail. 

Here's hoping, and hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. oops - still getting used to how this blog things work. read all the blogs - hang in there - plus I'm coming for dinner (your grocery shopping sounded great!)

    ReplyDelete