Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oi vey.

This is becoming harder to keep up with than I thought.

I didn't get a chance to weigh myself on Friday because I went traveling, but I weighed myself today to find that I weigh 208 pounds.  At the doctor's, my weight was 208.5, so at least I lost half a pound.  Pretty good for eating healthy only half the time and exercising only one day.

I keep reminding myself of something I told my boyfriend: "If you make it a priority, the opportunity won't slip away from you".  I'll lose this opportunity to lose weight and be healthy if I don't concentrate on it as a priority.

Today, I went to the gym and did intervals on the track - walk a lap, jog half a lap, walk a lap, jog half, and so on and so forth - for half an hour (while my gymnast roomate quite literally ran circles around me), with five minutes of quick warm-up walking and five minutes of cool down.  And then I stretched a whole bunch.  I've been eating pretty well today.

Breakfast: Cheerios w/soymilk, banana - 280
Lunch: Hummus wrap w/swiss cheese, lettuce, green peppers, jalapeƱos, red onion, banana peppers, and pickles.  It was seriously yummy, but I'm not sure on the calories because I don't know how much the wraps have in them, but I think it was pretty healthy.
Snack(s): I eat a lot of cheese at work.  I probably had six or seven dairy servings today.  Cheese is kind of my second-favorite food, behind mashed potatoes.
Dinner?: Got home from the gym and dance class to boil me up some broccoli.  Also plan on eating an apple.  And maybe some string cheese.

So, all in all, not bad.  Good veggies, little too much dairy, not quite enough fruit, decent breadstuffs. Oh, and I had a cupcake.  Not so good, but it was free and I couldn't resist.

So, I'm going to let my good eating today and my .5 lb loss inspire me to do it all over again tomorrow.  : )

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment