Monday, September 20, 2010

Bleh.

I'm sick with a bad cold, and it is not fun.

As for last week, I think I did better overall.  I've been weighing myself everyday, and the lowest number I've seen in the morning is 212.5, which at least means I'm losing, albeit slowly.  I'm okay with slowly, though.  I feel like the changes I'm making again (more exercise, less food) are sticking because I'm changing things at a snail's pace.  Being sick is throwing me off a little, and I'm afraid this week might go to hell because of it, but I'm going to try to continue on with healthy eating and as much exercise as I have energy for. 

Last week, I worked out three days - Monday (Zumba), and Tuesday and Thursday (Bellydance).  That gives me three workouts for the week, which is not bad at all.  I ate well Sunday - Wednesday, but Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and his past tSunday were more on the bad side.  I think I only did one new recipe this week instead of three.  My evenings are quickly filling up with homework and, when I can, workouts, but I'm going to try for three healthy dinners made at home this week.  Next week, maybe I can try four.

New this week, I'm also going to start tracking food again, but I won't be tracking calories.  Instead, I'm going to track number of servings because thinking of tracking calories again is honestly exhausting.  Eventually, I would give up on counting calories and then have little idea of how to eat properly, so I'm hoping that tracking number of servings will work better for the long-term.  Cell phone pictures may facilitate this. 

Now, my report on Zumba:

I liked it.  There was definitely a silly factor going on there that I had to get over, but the music is music I like and the class went by super fast - it was 45 minutes and I felt like it was only 20.  I would go again today, but I'm not feeling well and would rather nap and drink orange juice, so I think I'm going to do that instead.  Overall, I think Zumba is definitely worth trying out.  You just have to embrace how ridiculous you look and have fun with it.  : )


No schedule this week because I haven't looked up any new recipes and I'm feeling too bad at the moment to really care, haha.  I do need to go shopping for fruit and start using my lovely Foodsaver more often, I've been tossing out a lot of bad food lately that could have been saved. 

Alas, I must go blow my nose.  Adios for now.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment