Saturday, January 23, 2010

On the road again...

Wow, I haven't posted since Tuesday?  Scurry.

Wednesday I went to the gym again and did the same intervals.  Jogging is starting to grow on me (if you'd told me a year ago I'd be saying that I probably would have died laughing and set my tennis shoes on fire just to prove the point).  The more jogging I do on the track, the better I feel afterwards.  During, it kind of sucks, but afterwards it feels nice.  Wednesday eating went well, Thursday was okay (I had Taco Bell because I was in a super grumpy mood), and Friday was pretty much a giant bust.  Pizza Hut for the win, there.  I find I go through mini-cycles of eating well for a couple days, eating crappy for a couple days, and doing it over again.  I guess that's what I get for more or less cold-turkeying my previous way of eating, but if I work on it more I'm sure I can get more good days per week and less bad days. 

Overall, I'm already noticing some positive changes - I have more energy, my skin already looks nicer, my digestive system is less out of whack, and I find myself craving exercise instead of cookies.  Unfortunately, my schedule is ridiculous, and trying to fit in gym time is a hassle.  But I think I have a pretty good system worked out - I can go Mondays and Wednesdays after class and before yoga, and perhaps Friday afternoons if I feel like it.  Saturdays and Sundays are also good options.  So with my bellydance classes (which are quite the sweat fest, lemme tell ya) that adds up to a pretty active week that I feel good about. 

So this weekend, I had to come home to pick up my cat (yeah, I kind of let him here at the end of break, poor thing). I really, really wanted to workout today since I didn't get the chance to go Thursday or yesterday because I spent my whole evening in the car, but the high school track isn't open to the public unless you've paid the semester fee of 30 dollars, and one day at the YMCA here in town is fifteen dollars.  No thanks.  I'm hoping I can get home tonight in time to go to the gym before the gym closes, but if not, I may just have to double up on the exercise tomorrow (if I ever have time to go...)

So far today I've had breakfast - cottage cheese (80), english muffin w/cream cheese (180), a banana (80), and a leftover Pizza Hut breadstick cause they're like crack (140 - yikes).  So that already equals nearly 500 calories.  Today may not be a perfect day, but I kind of don't care because I seriously love those breadsticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment