Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Wasted Month

I wasted the past month on the couch, constantly eating, and making feeble attempts at working out.  But I'm slowly getting my head into the right place to attack this problem again.  I've had to make some decisions lately about where my life is going next year, and I have a plan.  Even though I'll be spending a year at home, something I thought I would hate to do, I'm accepting it as an opportunity to become a healthier me, and not just physically.  I expect I'll be growing more as an adult until I leave for grad school, and I'd like to get myself financially figured out.  I'll be making my health a top priority, since I will have a year without school to give me time to focus. 

Later today, I'm going to sit down and create a new fitness plan that I'll be starting on after Thanksgiving.  This plan is going to help me figure out what works for me in terms of becoming healthy and fit, and I'm leaving plenty of room for mistakes.  I'm starting now in the hopes that I will give myself some time to stumble around and find my favorite activities, foods, etc.  The goal here isn't necessarily weight loss, but to find that fit, healthy, happy person buried inside me.  However, I do expect to lose weight, and I'm going to report weigh-ins again to make sure I'm losing.  I'm not setting a pounds lost per week goal as I need a little flexibility in my continuing education about how to live a healthy lifestyle.  Once I've graduated and moved back home, I hope to be the master of how to be healthy, haha.  Then I will tweak my fitness plan to adjust to what I've learned since Thanksgiving and will kick ass for the next year.  Then I plan on finding ways to adjust my new healthy lifestyle to the stresses of being in grad school and in a different country.  I'm looking long-term now, instead of short term.  Although once I have my fitness plan set out, I will likely intersperse some short-term goals as well. 

For now, here's some pages I'm finding helpful right now, and that you might as well:

Target Heart Rate Calculator (to help create a beneficial fitness plan)


5 Elements of a Rounded Fitness Routine  (to make sure we're getting all the benefits we can)


7 Benefits of Regular Activity  (for when we're down about weight loss, we can remind ourselves of what other good we're doing to our bodies)

4 Low-Cost Ways to Shape Up (because the economy still sucks)


Until next time,

Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment