Monday, November 22, 2010

Fancy

So I'm kind of starting at the beginning with this weight loss thing.  I realized that in January I'll go to the doctor for my annual appointment and she'll weigh me, and as it is right now I'll have gained nearly ten pounds this year while I was apparently trying to lose fifty.  I'm not really sure what happened along the way, but I think it was likely in the planning stages.  So I'm going to try again in the hopes I can at least break even with last year's weight by my birthday in early January.  I'm doing all the research again - what to eat, how much to eat, when to eat, how to exercise, when to exercise, etc.  I'm gathering up all the knowledge I can so when I do this again I do it right and for good.  I want to be a strong, confident, healthy woman and I have the power to make that happen, with the right choices.

Here's a neat little tool I've found helpful that gives you a personal food pyramid:
Mayo Clinic Food Pyramid

I think sometimes we get so hung up on seeing what the "experts" say about which foods we should eat and how we should structure our weight loss plans.  I think it's important to first consult sources of information on our health and base our plans upon becoming healthier all around, versus just thinner or some vague idea of "active". 

No comments:

Post a Comment